Amounts of Resources Used
All waste generated in connection with the CTC Group's business activities is appropriately sorted and separated out according to applicable laws and regulations. We are also endeavoring to reduce the amount of waste we produce.
|Amount produced (t)||125.821||169.066||218.68||184.73||168.09|
General business-related waste (at locations submitting plans for waste reduction, etc.)
|Amount produced (t)||51.38||43.88||41.20||40.06||37.47|
|Percentage converted to resources (%)||68.05||72.49||71.20||77.08||74.77|
|Kobe Computer Center||Amount produced (t)||1.3||1.2||1.1||9.83||8.82|
|Percentage converted to resources (%)*1||37.04||30.71||37.0||35.8||35.6|
|Mejirozaka Data Center||Amount produced (t)||5.4||3.4||3.4||2.95||8.69|
|Percentage converted to resources (%)||62.96||59.6||69.0||63.28||86.0|
|Main office||Amount produced (t)||-||-||276.27||244.4||224.69|
|Percentage converted to resources (%)||-||-||78.36||81.18||81.61|
- *1In Kobe City, plastic-type waste of size roughly 50cm (length of one side) or below is sorted and disposed of as burnable waste in dedicated trash bags as designated by the city. For this reason, the percentage of waste converted to resources is lower than for our other sites.
Kasai Logistics Center is CTC's only product distribution location. Devices to be delivered to clients nationwide are first shipped to this center by our venders. We then conduct inspections and embed optional items, etc., before delivering them to our clients. In fiscal 2006, our percentage recycling was at 45%. However, thanks to our 3Rs Movement*2, we have now succeeded in raising this percentage to around 80%.
|Kasai Logistics Center||Total amount produced (t)||80.55*3||77.12||67.85||51.34||50.93|
|Percentage converted to resources (%)||87.54||88.44||95.92||97.24||97.0|
- *23Rs Movement: A movement that promotes the "3Rs" - Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- *3From fiscal 2013, we began to sell cardboard at a price. This resulted in a reduction in total waste output.
CTC is engaged in various efforts to reduce the amount of paper it uses, from advancing the digitalization of internal business forms to communicating and raising awareness of the actual amount of paper used within the company for copying and printing on a by-organization basis.
|Total number of sheets purchased (thousands)*4||31,450||28,159||26,692||25,262||22,008|
- *4Calculated by conversion to A4 equivalent.
Data centers operated by the CTC Group are using water to cool their IT equipment. Those centers are working to reduce the volume of water they use through measures such as the introduction of rainwater recycling facilities and high-efficiency heat source equipment, as well as through the practical use of district heating and cooling systems and well water.
|Water usage (m3)*5||-||117,731||126,469||143,458||159,808|
- *5Kasumigaseki Office,Osaki Office, Yokohama Data cener,Kobe Date center,Mejirozaka Date center number