ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (headquartered in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo; Satoshi Kikuchi, President & CEO; hereinafter “CTC”) has formed a strategic partnership Rescale, Inc. (headquartered in California, United States; Founder & CEO; Joris Poort) to become a reseller of Rescale's cloud simulation platforms. Rescale provides a unified environment that allows companies to accelerate their engineering and science simulations using customizable high performance computing (HPC) resources. CTC now provides this customizable HPC, simulation platform, covering everything from the design and construction of the HPC environment to operation and support. CTC's current focus for this service is on companies in the manufacturing industry, centering on automobiles and precision machines that use large-scale computer simulations, as well as the construction and pharmaceutical industries.
Computer simulations are very compute intensive and a critical part of research and development teams across many industries, including, aerospace, automotive, construction, pharmaceutical, and energy, among others. However, in order to run these compute-intensive simulations, high-performance servers are required to achieve timely results. Building large HPC clusters internally is very costly; therefore, many companies do not have the full capacity they need to run all their analyses. Insufficient simulation resources can lead to missed deadlines, less-than-optimized product designs, missed profits.
CTC now provides the industry-leading HPC, simulation cloud platforms developed and maintained by Rescale. Across Rescale's platforms, CTC can offer a complete simulation service that includes everything from the design and construction of a cloud HPC system to integrating with companies' existing HPC environments, as well as operation and analysis support.
Behind Rescale's powerful and robust platforms is an infrastructure network of more than 8 million servers comprised of the latest in hardware technology. The platforms are available on pay-per-use service based on the compute cluster size and duration of time needed. In addition to IT resources such as servers and storage, it supports more than 100 simulation software, including structural analysis, fluid dynamics, and quantum chemical calculations. All of Rescale's data centers maintain the highest security standards in the industry and are available in more than 30 locations around the world. It is also possible to use the platforms by restricting locations, including data centers in Japan, according to certain business security levels.
With these highly secure, customizable simulation resources, Rescale enables companies to drastically reduce HPC procurement timelines, analyses runtimes, and product release schedules. Rescale's platforms are accessible through the use of an intuitive web-based interface or an Application Programming Interface (API) function for integrating with a company's existing HPC systems. Companies can now focus attention, budgets, and resources towards main research and development businesses. Many of Rescale's customers have reduced the overall simulation runtime by over 40%.
CTC has offered CAD*1 and CAE*2 software and systems, accessing simulation technology for many years. It has also worked on analysis support in fields related to weather, construction, civil engineering, pharmaceutical, and biomedical applications. This new strategic partnership will allow CTC to combine it's years of experience in the analysis and simulation fields with Rescale's industry leading, simulation-optimized HPC platforms to provide the most complete HPC service to their customers.
- Scalable HPC environment to improve performance and reduce simulation runtime
Rescale provides HPC cloud platforms accessing more than 8 million servers from over 30 data centers around the world. It possesses an overall computing capacity of 1,400 peta FLOPS*3 or greater, making it the platform with the largest global infrastructure network and the ability to drastically reduce analysis time and accelerate the speed of research and development.
- Extensive list of integrated analysis software
More than 100 simulation software are available across different industries and different types of analyses, including, structural analysis, fluid dynamics, and quantum chemical calculation. Independently developed software can also be used.
- Computing resources optimized for HPC
Specialized HPC are also available on Rescale's platforms, including GPU*4 that has been widely used for scientific technology computing in recent years, and InfiniBand*5 for forming high-speed networks.
About Rescale, Inc.
Rescale is the world's leading cloud platform provider of simulation software and high performance computing (HPC) solutions. Rescale's platform solutions are deployed securely and seamlessly to enterprises via a web-based application environment powered by preeminent simulation software providers and backed by the largest commercially available HPC infrastructure. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Rescale's customers include global Fortune 500 companies in the aerospace, automotive, life sciences, marine, consumer products, and energy sectors.
- *1CAD: Refers to the use of computers for designing architectures and industrial products. CAD also refers to software and systems used for these purposes.
- *2CAE: Refers to a computer system that supports the design and development process of industrial products. CAE is a product design support system and an analysis system used to compute characteristics, such as strength and heat resistance, through the use of a designed product model.
- *3FLOPS: One of the units used to indicate a computer's processing speed. This represents the number of times floating-point arithmetic is carried out per second. A 1 PFLOPS computer can carry out floating-point arithmetic one quadrillion times per second.
- *4GPU: Graphics Processing Unit, a specialized electronic circuit for handling graphics. GPGPU(General-purpose computing on a GPU), a technology for applying GPU arithmetic resources, has attracted attentions recently. These resources can process a large volume of data in multiple processors simultaneously and in parallel for graphics processing.
- *5InfiniBand: Refers to high-speed I/O bus architecture and interconnection for backbone-type and HPC-type servers and clusters that provides a high level of RAS (reliability, availability and serviceability).
Currently displayed information is correct at the time of the announcement. Please be aware that information displayed may differ from the very latest information.